Party with W Rockland St at the Philly Spring Cleanup, Saturday, April 13
So you think picking up trash can’t possibly be fun? Think again! If you want to make a difference in Philadelphia and have fun doing it, join W Rockland Street Neighbors in Southwest Germantown for another exciting Philly Spring Cleanup project.
This is our fourth consecutive year W Rockland St has participated in the cleanup – in the past, we’ve cleared mounds of trash from vacant lots, built community gardens, painted vacant houses, planted flowers in the sidewalk, and more (take a look at our 2012 and 2011 projects). We call that change you can see, and we couldn’t have done it without the wonderful volunteers that join us each year. Come along and work with W Rockland St Neighbors!
2013 Spring Cleanup Goals:
- Help neighbors sweep the sidewalk and street along the entire block;
- Lend a hand in basic cleanup and maintenance of two large parcels of vacant land on the block;
- Repair and paint the wood fence protecting the vacant lot in the middle of the block;
- Help cleanup in front of vacant houses;
- Assist elderly neighbors in sprucing up their front yards;
- Plant flowers and plants in large pots and garden beds for sidewalk beautification.
W Rockland serves as an example of what one Philadelphia city block can do to change its future through citizen engagement, do-it-yourself spirit, and tactical urbanism. We are located between the 4800 blocks of Germantown Avenue and Greene Street, flanked by the 100 blocks of Logan and Wyneva Streets. Read more about our neighborhood improvement projects right here on our blog.
Got questions? Contact email@example.com // 215-805-8091